Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Places to Ride and People to Ride with!!

I met a new friend (!!!) through the Michigan Distance Derby who will be living near me when we move and she recommended a few places to ride. She has the same dreams and aspirations as me and our horses sound pretty similar!! Even better!

I'm linking everything she recommended here so I can come back and find them for reference. It sounds like there's going to be quite a bit around me with less than an hour of driving so that's awesome! I'm going to have riding buddies!!

I also bought a manure spreader. And the rubber mats that are currently in the barn. Huzzah!


Cobblestone Farms A place for cross country schooling!

Ortonville Recreation Equestrian Association OREA A riding club for the Ortonville Recreation Area They organize work parties and judged trail rides, it appears! The recreation area has horse camping available as well as 6.5 miles of horse use trail and 2.5 miles of hiking.

Elba Equestrian Complex is horse camping only!! And about 30 minutes away to boot.

Windrush Farm is the site of a combined driving event! As a bonus, it's only 10 minutes from the farm! Gwyn's Auntie did CDE  and it's something that's always intrigued me!

Special Events and Festivals in the area!

Hunters Run Farms has a place to school for eventing and even hosts a Leslie Law Clinic!!



No comments:

Post a Comment