Saturday, May 30, 2015

Equipment Purchases

On Friday we picked up a 2015 Silverado 1500. It's a 3 year lease but for the time being it's all the truck we need and the price is hard to beat per month for our budget!
Today we went to look at a horse trailer. I'd found it on craigslist for an amazing price and brought a cashier's check just in case. Sure enough, it was a great trailer and we decided to bring it home! 

The trailer is a 2009 Eclipse, 2h straight load with dressing room. It's roomy, which is great for Gwyn. I can even lie down in the dressing room, which is a good back up for cold and wet camping at endurance rides!

The seller had put this set up of wood to hold hay bales in place so they wouldn't slide into the horses. And if you tie the horses, they can't eat at it. Genius! It's removable too.
Nice long stalls. I can't touch the ceiling when I stand inside.
Good floor. It's been stored inside and is no longer used since their daughter went off to college.
The center divider is removable
Tie rings and the lock to hold the dutch doors in back open.

Lots of hooks. The wooden bit is a whip holder!
Spare tire and an almost 3 year old
Mirror

I noticed a tiny bit of water coming in at the door when I tested out laying down but I plan to keep an eye on it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment