Sunday, May 10, 2015

Our New Home!



We close at the end of this month on this lovely little 5 acre property in Dryden, MI. Today I went out with my husband to show his family around the house. We did this unofficially, the current owners invited us to it so they could show me the ropes and little details about the property and how it functions.

The two front pastures that you see on either side of the driveway to the house are the summer pastures with the heat tolerant/loving grasses. Everything was seeded and pasture managed. I will need to make sure I manage that appropriately. The back pasture is the spring/fall pasture with the colder grasses like alfalfa. It will green up first and stay green long after summer is done.

The fencing is all electrobraid and the big posts are cemented and below frost line so with a little extra corner bracing we could put in some tension fencing like RAMM or the recycled tire fencing in the future.

I'm hoping to purchase the manure spreader since it will be too small for the current owner's new facility. I'm also purchasing the existing mats in the barn.

There are several apple trees on the property that look like they will be dropping apples EVERYWHERE!  This makes me excited.

I've started ordering some things online for the barn soon enough I'll be chronicling getting everything set up so Gwyn can come home. A month and a half at most! 

No comments:

Post a Comment