Sunday, November 8, 2015

Photo dump!

My camera took a small hiatus when a tiny human hid it behind the couch. Now that it's been retrieved, I've gotten the photos I took off of it to share!

The donkeys continue to get friendlier and I'm even getting vocally greeted by Arwen. Saffron remains aloof though she will let me touch her at arms length. Progress! Arwen also seems to have bonded well with Gwyn. They hang out more often than not.

Kaylee is a huge help around the barn and I've been supervising her preparation of dinner for the critters. She does a good job and only needs verbal guidance to get everything perfect. She measures very carefully! 


Arwen!

Saffron is looking good!


Fly mask retrieval was an adventure

Happy mare!



Alas.... scooping it the second time is always a PITA

Playful Arwen -bit- Gwyn while she was napping. LOL

Napping horses are happy horses


New slow feeder hay nets!

Easily a day's worth (24 hr) of hay when combined with their pasture. 





This is a picture of the new bedding I'm using (mixed with regular pine shavings). It's shredded newspaper! Hooray recycling!

Two critters down for a nap. I love this view. Seeing them able to relax like this is a happy thing for me. I'm doing something right by them and they feel safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment