Sunday, January 18, 2015

Training Potentials

One of the things that I've been contemplating for an interim boarding situation is putting Gwyn into training board with a dressage or eventing trainer. I've reached a point with her where her progress is beyond my ability to really solidify without either guidance or someone else sitting in the saddle.

I've been doing a ton of research online to find potentially suitable places to send her for training and I'm compiling a list here so it's all accessible from one spot so I don't have to search over and over again.


Mac Erin Equestrian Centre    375/month
This was actually a barn that I self toured while I was in Michigan. It's a bit far away for just boarding while we're living in Algonac but it might work because I liked the atmosphere of the place. Especially after Chartier.
Pro: Cheaper board
Con: No training

Zhuravlev Eventing   Price Unknown
Pro: Close to Algonac
Con: Only a facebook page, minimal information available, will require contact
Trainer: Pavel Zhuravlev

 Belle River Farms  350/month
Warning: GOD AWFUL WEBSITE SO MANY POPUPS!!!!
In fact, just don't click on it. I'm going to go by the equine now advert for it.
Trainer: Andrea Kavanagh Marczak
I'm not sure if the rate includes training, I'm going to assume it's board only
Contact Phone: 810-300-4346  Facebook for the trainer. I have no idea how current any information is, but the facebook page has been recently updated and it looks like she's competed recently.

Justamere Equestrian Center  400/month
Boarding only, though lessons are offered, just not training.
Pros: Close to Algonac, shows on site, trails, cheaper board
Cons: Not eventing, dressage and hunt seat only, which likely isn't TOO bad

Marano Stables   340/month
No other record other than the equine now link can be found for this stable's existence.

Willow Tree Stables  Price Unknown
Took a bit to track this one down as there's another willow tree stables between detroit and ann arbor that's more a family barn than a training barn.  Facebook
Trainer: Liz Shepard
Pros: Trainer! Active at shows
Con: Further away, price unknown, hunter/jump equitation, not eventing

Twillingate Farm
It sometimes worries me when barns advertise a TON of training expertise. Am I alone in this? However, the price isn't bad. And there's training with board and lessons included. No big name trainers that I've seen yet, I'll edit this if I read otherwise. The trainer did a lot in college and high school, she currently coaches an equestrian team. The partial training board is certainly feasible and while I would love to have Gwyn under a bigger name, there's something to be said for an effective person who can focus on me and Gwyn.
700/month .......... Full training board. 4-5 days per week, 1-2  hour lessons included plus board
550/month .......... Partial training board, 2-3 days per week, 1-2 hour lessons included plus board
400/month ........... Board only

Brilliant Reflection Farm
A dressage specific barn. Amazing facilities, accomplished trainer, VERY expensive.
Trainer: Barbra Reis
700/month ........ Full board
850/month ......... "all inclusive board" not my thing and not needed
900/month ......... Training and board, 3-5 days per week, 90 day minimum
55/DAY .............. 10 day minimum, bootcamp, ridden 6 days per week, includes board, lessons and training

Pfeiffer Farms
Eventing rider. Winter months she may be in Ocala.
550/month ..........   2 pro rides per month included in board
125/WEEK .........   Additional 4 daily training rides /week on top of board (ouch)

Haven Valley Farm
Eventing and dressage with two different, actively competing trainers. They are available for trailering in for lessons, which might be a good option if I can find a way cheaper board place and do 1 training, 1 lesson per week. It's in Metamora Hunt Country, which is good!
Trainer: Marian Hutchins - eventing
Trainer: Bethany Hutchins-Kristen
575/month ........  Board, compulsory training required for boarders. I'm unsure if this price includes lessons/training

No comments:

Post a Comment